Saturday, January 13, 2007

Kellogg interview

After clicking the nerve-wrecking Submit button on my H/S/W/K applications, I was hoping for a sigh of relief, but it didn't come. I remember this feeling from completing the GMAT, ending a long and painful process only to find yourself worrying about a new one.

Right now my new worry is my Kellogg interview on Monday.

I guess the nice thing about these interviews is that you pretty much know what you're going to be asked. Walk me through your resume, Why MBA, Why this school, long-term goals, short-term goals, extracurriculars, tell me about a leadership experience, teamwork experience, biggest failure, biggest success, strengths, weaknesses, etc. etc.

My interview prep strategy is simple. I write out bullet-point responses, and test them on my bathroom mirror alter-ego, while timing and recording my response so I can check if I sound boring or overly scripted. It seems effective, but I'll let the schools be the ultimate judge of that.

When the Kellogg interview is done, the true waiting begins. Kellogg will follow with a decision, and hopefully I'll get some more interview invites.

No comments: