Wednesday, April 25, 2007

One day until DAK II

It's finally here.. Tomorrow I'm leaving for Day at Kellogg (DAK) for Round 2 admits.

I must confess that for the first time I'm starting to feel butterflies. It somehow feels like the first day in high school again. Will they like me? Will I like them? Will I fit in with the cool kids?
I've never liked the awkwardness of new crowds, and part of me just wants to get it over with.

Part of my worry is the possibility that I will find Kellogg to be a bit too much of a party school for my liking. I'm seeing a lot of emphasis on nightlife in various places, and in their report on DAK, Brit-chick and Majalo both attested to the atmosphere at Kellogg being a bit 'cult-like' and 'a bit undergraduate', which I'm not sure is going to be my cup of tea. I like a party now and then, but that's not why I'm going to Kellogg, and I don't want to end up explaining all the time why I'm the only one who is not going to stick around in the bar until the sun comes up.

I may be wrong, of course, and there's only one way to find out...

As a side note, I fly back into Amsterdam early Monday morning, which happens to be Queen's Day here in Holland. This is a traditional excuse for dressing up in orange, going to events with millions of other people and having too much to drink. I've made plans to spend the day on a friend's boat on the canals of Amsterdam, which I'm sure is going to be very nice, yet I'm not sure if I'll have any energy left after DAK and a night flight in coach (not pleasant if you're 6'6" like me), but we'll see what happens.

I'll post my DAK experiences when I get back, and maybe I'll even have some Queen's Day pictures to share..!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey - how's things? I put up a fairly wimpy description of DAKII - blog away and let us know what you thought of the whole weekend!

Anonymous said...

Waiting to hear your thoughts on DAK! Keep posting!